American Nurse Journal
American Nurse Journal is the official journal of the American Nurses Association (ANA). The journal reaffirms ANA’s initiatives and directly supports nurses in advancing the profession through practical, independent, evidence-based, and peer-reviewed clinical data and information. American Nurse Journal is a comprehensive, timely, trusted information source. Published monthly, 10 times in print and twice in electronic format (in August and December), American Nurse Journal is a highly rated benefit of ANA membership.
What does it contain?
Every month, you will find sections on:
- ANA on the Frontline: Learn about top issues and how ANA is working for you and to advance the profession.
- Strictly Clinical: Peer-reviewed, clinical articles that address best practices and new clinical developments, along with a wide variety of useful practical guides that nurses can use in their practice immediately.
- Practice Matters: Legal and ethical issues, reimbursement, time management, negotiating contracts, Magnet® Recognition, and drug topics are just some of the areas this section covers.
- Working Smarter: Tips, techniques, and ideas nurses can use to maximize their careers and progress to the next level.
- Leading the Way: Articles written for today's nurse leaders...as well as nurse leaders of the future.
How does it help me?
175,000 readers have come to rely on the journal as a comprehensive, timely, trusted information source that helps them:
- Enhance patient outcomes;
- Develop their professional careers; and
- Build their educational foundation of best practices.
Subscriber and ANA Member access
Subscribers and ANA members also gain full access to the assets on the American Nurse Journal website – such as downloadable ebooks, infographics, and special reports – along with ANA’s other series of ongoing digital publications.
ANA’s digital newsletters
In addition to American Nurse Journal, make sure you are receiving the benefits of ANA’s digital newsletters: ANA SmartBrief and ANA Member News.
Additionally, stay up to date on the latest in national health care policy and how you can take action and make a difference in federal legislation by:
- Subscribing to ANA’s Capitol Beat blog; and
- Signing up for action alerts on federal legislative issues
Make sure you are up to date on the information you need to become the best nurse you can be. Get access to all of these great resources by becoming a ANA member.